The Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, and it's coated in a sweet and tangy barbeque sauce, making it a great weeknight dinner option. This delicious healthy chicken dish is ready in under 30 minutes.
Chicken recipes are always our family favorite. I've been experimenting with new chicken dishes since I got the air fryer. We love this chicken dish as this Air fryer barbeque chicken breast is
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Filling and healthy
- Simple, requires only few ingredients
If you're looking for last-minute Thanksgiving recipe ideas, this delicious BBQ chicken breast is sure to impress your guests.
You need few ingredients to prepare this healthy Air fryer BBQ chicken breast. Here is the list of ingredients to make this dish:
Chicken Breasts: Key ingredient of the dish. I always use skinless, boneless chicken breasts which cook faster. If the chicken breast is thick, pound it into a thin so it cooks evenly.
BBQ sauce: Another key ingredient of the recipe is barbeque sauce. You can use any brand of your choice. This sauce adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the chicken.
Spices: I have used simple spices like garlic powder, freshly crushed black pepper and chilli powder to rub the chicken breasts. You can also add onion powder, cayenne pepper, paprika powder, etc.
Oil: Recipe calls for very little amount of oil and I have used extra virgin olive oil for the same. You can use any vegetable oil for the same.
How to make Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
Prepare the chicken breasts before making BBQ chicken breast in air fryer. Place the chicken breast in a Ziploc bag and flatten with a rolling pin or mallet.
After pounding the chicken breast to make thin and even, rub them with chili powder, garlic powder, crushed black pepper, and salt.
Preheat the Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 370°F (approx. 190°C).
Place the chicken breasts in the preheated air fryer basket and cook at 370°F for 7-8 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Cooking time may vary slightly depending on the air fryer brand used and the thickness of the chicken breast.
Next, flip the chicken breasts and spray them with a little oil before cooking for another 6-7 minutes, or until done.
Brush the BBQ sauce on both sides of each chicken breast and cook for an additional 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately.
These healthy BBQ chicken breasts are perfect for weeknight meals. You can pair them with different types of sides including salads, pasta, grilled vegetables, soups, etc.
I personally wouldn't advise storing this BBQ chicken because it tastes best when consumed right away. However, if you have leftovers then you must allow to cool the chicken and later keep it in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Always place the chicken breasts in a single layer inside the fryer basket. Avoid overlapping them. Instead cook in batches for the best result.
- If the chicken breasts are thick, use mallet or rolling pin to pound them and make even. Do not pound chicken breasts too thin, otherwise they will cook too fast and may become dry.
- Avoid overcooking the chicken breast.
- Do not add barbeque sauce at the first step, cooking chicken with bbq sauce for longer time may not taste good.
Definitely, you can use frozen chicken breasts for this dish. However, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator before using the chicken breasts.
You can use your leftover BBQ chicken in a variety of ways. You can slice the leftover chicken breasts and add into your sandwiches, salads, quesadillas, rolls, etc.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer
- 2 no Chicken Breasts Boneless
- ⅔ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Crushed Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat Air Fryer at 370-degree F (approx. 190-degree C) for 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken breasts in a zip-lock bag and pound them with a mallet or rolling pin to flatten them.
- Rub the chicken breasts with chili powder, garlic powder, crushed black pepper, and salt.
- Now place the chicken breasts in the preheated air fryer basket and cook them at air fryer at 370-degree F for 7-8 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Next flip the chicken breasts and spray little oil on them and cook for another 6-7 minutes or until done.
- Brush the BBQ sauce over each chicken breast on both sides and cook for additional 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately after removing from the air fryer.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.