Banana bread with tutti frutti is an easy-to-make, deliciously moist cake that is ideal for breakfast, teatime, or dessert.
This banana bread was inspired by my chocolate chip banana bread that I posted on this website.
Banana bread is an all-time favorite baking item. It is a simple and versatile recipe. Making banana bread is a great way to use up overripe bananas that may otherwise go to waste.
Banana bread has many variations, including chocolate chip, walnut, tutti frutti, etc.
Banana bread is a classic treat that has been around for generations. In recent years, its popularity has exploded, with many new recipes and variations being developed all the time.
The flavor and texture of homemade banana bread with tutti frutti is unique and can vary depending on the ingredients you are using.
This Banana Tutti Frutti Cake is
- Super moist
- Made with easily available ingredients
- Perfect for teatime snack or special treat
Banana: The star ingredient of this recipe is overripe banana. I recommend using large variety of banana which is known as banana robusta.
Flour: In this recipe, I used all-purpose flour. I have not experimented with wheat flour in this cake, but from past experience, the texture of the cake will be dense if you use wheat flour.
Eggs: I prefer to add eggs in my bakes. If you keep eggs in the refrigerator, bring them to room temperature before using them in baking.
Butter & Oil: In my cakes, I always use a combination of butter and oil.
Sugar: In this cake, I used regular refined sugar. You can substitute any healthy sugar substitute. However, you must experiment to determine the appropriate quantity.
Tutti Frutti: Tutti frutti are candied fruits made from pineapple, cherries, currants, watermelon rind, apricots, various berries, and other fruits. In India, tutti-frutti is a sweet, vibrant, and chewy delicacy that is made with candied raw papaya and used in cakes, biscuits, ice cream, and other treats.
Others: In addition to the above-mentioned ingredients, the cake also includes milk, baking soda, cinnamon powder, baking powder, and salt.
How to make Banana Bread with Tutti Frutti
To make the BEST tutti frutti banana cake, just follow the instructions step-by-step!
Preheat oven at 170 degree C (340 F) for 10 minutes. Line a 9-inch loaf tin with butter paper.
Peel and place the overripe bananas in a bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork. Next add butter and oil into it and mix well.
Now add sugar into the mixture and combine well. After that add eggs into the batter. Add one egg at a time and whisk well. After that add cinnamon powder and mix well.
Now sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and add into the batter.
Fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture using cut and fold method. Add a little milk at a time until the batter is smooth.
Now add tutti frutti into the batter and fold them. Finally pour the batter in the prepare loaf tin and bake it in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
After that allow to cool the cake for a while and later slice it and store it in a dry and airtight container.
After cooling the banana bread, place the slices in an airtight container. The bread will last 3-4 days on the counter. If you keep the banana bread in the freezer, the shelf life will increase up to 3-4 months.
- Banana bread requires extremely ripe bananas. The fruit should be sufficiently ripe when the peel begins to sign of browning. However, bananas should not be rotten.
- Avoid overmixing your batter for banana loaf, this may result in dense, rubbery loaf.
More Cake Recipes
Banana Bread with Tutti Frutti
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 no Overripe Banana large
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 2 nos Eggs
- 50 gms Butter
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ cup Tutti Frutti
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F) for 10 minutes. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the overripe bananas and place them in a bowl. With a fork, mash the bananas.
- After that, mix in the butter and oil.
- Now, add the sugar to the mixture and thoroughly combine it.
- After that, fold in the eggs. Add one egg at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Next, stir in the cinnamon powder thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir them into the batter.
- Using the cut and fold method, fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Add a small amount of milk at a time until the batter is smooth.
- Now stir in the tutti frutti to the batter.
- Finally, pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- After that allow to cool the cake for a while and later slice it and store it in a dry and airtight container.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply