Broccoli Fried Rice is a perfect vegetarian quick and easy meal. This healthy broccoli fried rice is a very good lunchbox menu for kids as well as adults. This main course rice dish can be cooked under 30 minutes. Read the detailed post and learn this easy broccoli fried rice recipe.
I always love quick and easy rice dishes loaded with veggies. This is a great to feed veggies to your family members especially kids. During busy weekdays this kind of quick and healthy meals I pack for my kiddo's lunchbox. Let me tell you, little one happily finishes her lunchbox. She also gives me compliment for making tasty dishes.
Earlier broccoli was not easily available in Indian local vegetable market. Thanks to the supermarkets and globalization we get broccoli throughout the year especially in Indian metro cities.
- Here is why you should include broccoli in your diet?
- Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe Step-by-Step
- Different varieties of Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe
- What type of rice can I use for broccoli fried rice?
- Can I make the broccoli fried rice from scratch?
- How can I serve broccoli fried rice?
- More Rice Recipes
- Broccoli Fried Rice
Here is why you should include broccoli in your diet?
Are you aware that broccoli has lot of health benefits. It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Interestingly, broccoli helps to
- Reduce redness
- Fight against cancer
- Improve bone health
- Lower weight and many more
I would say broccoli fried rice is the easiest recipe to include broccoli into your diet. Anyone can make broccoli fried rice at home including bachelors and amateur cook.
Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe Step-by-Step
Start this fried rice recipe by blanching the broccoli florets and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add crushed peppercorns in oil. Next add chopped garlic and once they turn light brown, add chopped onions in to the oil.
Add blanched broccoli florets as soon as the onions become transparent. Sauté for 6-7 minutes. Now, add a little salt and thoroughly combine.
After that, add cooked rice and stir thoroughly once more. Stir thoroughly after adjusting the salt level. Toss the rice in between.
Finally, add vinegar and toss once more. The dish of broccoli fried rice is ready to serve.
Different varieties of Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe
Broccoli fried rice is a vegetarian meal option for your lunchbox. However, you can modify the recipe according to your taste and preference. If you are a non-vegetarian you can add shredded sautéed chicken to it and make Chicken and broccoli fried rice. You can add any kind of shredded sautéed meat into the broccoli fried rice and make it as per your choice.
The other varieties of broccoli fried rice are Shrimp and broccoli fried rice (non-vegetarian), Egg and Broccoli fried rice (Non-vegetarian), Tofu and Broccoli fried rice (Vegetarian) and Mushroom and Broccoli fried rice (vegetarian). Each variety of broccoli fried rice has distinct flavor.
What type of rice can I use for broccoli fried rice?
Any variety of rice you can use for making broccoli fried rice. I prefer to use fragrant rice. Generally, I use long grain basmati rice. However, you can also use jasmine rice. I have also used kolam rice and it turns out good. Apart from above varieties, you can also use brown rice for making broccoli fried rice.
Can I make the broccoli fried rice from scratch?
Of course! you can prepare broccoli fried rice using from scratch. In that case follow these two extra steps: a) Wash and soak the rice for 10-15 minutes. Then drain the water and cook the rice 70-80% and drain the water.
b) Spread the cooked rice in plate and allow it to cool down. Then follow the remaining steps mentioned in recipe card below.
How can I serve broccoli fried rice?
Broccoli fried rice is so flavorful that you don't need any other side dish to pair with it. You can serve just like that or else with some ketchup. You can also serve it with some Indo-Chinese Side dish including gobi manchurian, soya nuggets in soya sauce, Chilli paneer, Chilli chicken, etc.
More Rice Recipes
Broccoli Fried Rice
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- ½ cup Onion
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, chopped
- 5-6 nos Whole Black Peppercorn
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon Sesame Oil or Refined Oil
- Blanch the broccoli florets and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add crushed peppercorns in oil.
- Next add chopped garlic, once they are little burnt add chopped onions.
- Once onions turn translucent, add broccoli florets. Saute for 6-7 minutes.
- Add little salt at this time and mix well.
- After that add cooked rice and again mix well.
- Adjust the amount of salt and give a good stir. Toss the rice in between.
- Finally, add vinegar and toss again. Broccoli Fried Rice is ready to serve.
- If you want to make the broccoli fried rice from scratch then follow these steps: a) Wash and soak the rice for 10-15 minutes. Then drain the water and cook the rice 70-80% and drain the water. b)Spread the cooked rice in plate and allow it to cool down.
- Make sure the rice should not be overcooked.
- Cook under medium to high flame.
- After blanching the broccoli pieces properly drain the water.
PIN it to read later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, We would love to see the pictures of your dishes & Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures @firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com