Corn Fried Rice is prepared by stir frying the cooked rice with fresh or frozen corns, bell peppers, onion, and soy sauce on a high flame. This Indo-Chinese chicken fried rice is very simple and can be prepared under 30 minutes.
This recipe of corn fried rice is very simple to make and ideal for a child's lunchbox. This rice meal is quite easy to make, which is why it's perfect for weeknights.
This Corn Fried Rice is
- Perfect for Weeknight meal and Lunchbox
Rice: You need al dente cooked rice for this dish. Leftover rice is perfect for this recipe. You can also prepare your own rice from scratch, but make sure that each grain is separate and fluffy and does not get mushy or sticky. I normally use cooked basmati rice for this recipe. You can also use other varieties of raw rice.
Corn Kernels: You can use frozen corn or fresh corn on the cob. If using corn on the cob, you must first cook the corn until the kernels become soft, then remove the kernels from the cob. However, this process is time consuming, hence I always prefer to use frozen corn for this particular recipe.
Bell Peppers: I use yellow and red bell peppers which give a distinct flavor to the rice. You can also use green bell pepper.
Oil: I always prefer sesame oil for fried rice recipes. You can use any other vegetable oil for the same.
Others: Onion, spring onion, soy sauce, salt, sugar, and vinegar are other ingredients added in this recipe.
How to make Corn Fried Rice
Heat oil in a pan. After adding the chopped onions cook until it is transparent. Add the bell peppers after that, and stir-fry them for a little period of time.
After that, add the corn and stir-fry on the highest heat for the duration of cooking. Keep an eye on your vegetables so they don't become extremely mushy or soft.
Add cooked rice and salt to taste at this point. Mix well. Meanwhile, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl. After adding the vinegar-soy mixture, thoroughly mix the rice. Lastly, add the chopped spring onions and now corn fried rice is ready to serve.
You can add any vegetables including beans, carrots, baby corns, shredded cabbage, peas, etc. of your choice in the fried rice.
You can also add tofu or paneer, chicken pieces, prawns, and scrambled eggs to include protein in your meal.
What to serve with Fried Rice?
Here are a few recommendations for side dishes to go with corn fried rice or any other type of fried rice:
- Store corn fried rice in an airtight container, for 3–4 days in the refrigerator.
- After cooking allow to cool the fried rice completely. Then put the rice into freezer bags and remove excess air. Later place them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
You can re-heat the fried rice either in microwave or on the stovetop:
Microwave: Transfer the rice in a microwave same bowl and drizzle little water on it. Microwave around 30-40 seconds and rice is now ready to eat.
Stovetop: Heat the oil in a cooking pan before reheating fried rice on the stove. Add the fried rice and stir. A few teaspoons of water should be added before the pan is covered. Cook for a little while. As soon as the rice starts to reheat, stir it again.
More Rice Recipes
Corn Fried Rice
- 1 cup Corn Kernels frozen or boiled
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- ½ cup Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Onion, medium chopped
- ¼ cup Spring Onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 or 2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and continue to cook until translucent.
- Following that, add the chopped bell peppers and stir-fry them quickly.
- After that add corn and stir fry on the highest heat until they are cooked. Vegetables should not get mushy or overly soft, so keep an eye on them.
- At this point, add cooked rice and salt to taste. Mix well.
- In the meantime, combine sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Toss the rice thoroughly after adding the vinegar-soy combination.
- Finally, stir in the chopped spring onions.
- Now corn fried rice is ready to serve.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.