This strawberry banana smoothie bowl is the ideal way to start the day, combining sweet and delicious fruits, creamy yoghurt, milk and your favorite toppings.
Packed full of vitamins and minerals, this smoothie bowl is sure to give you the energy boost you need to tackle the day ahead. Paired with a granola base, this dish is hearty and filling, keeping you satisfied and energized all day long.
This Smoothie Bowl also works well as a healthier alternative to ice cream. Kids also love this rich, creamy, and decadent breakfast smoothie bowl.
You can make this refreshing smoothie bowl in under 15 minutes.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl recipe is
- Made with few ingredients
- Loaded with nutrients
- Filling & refreshing
- Prepared with no added sugar
Strawberry: Use frozen strawberries to make a thick smoothie bowl. You can either buy frozen strawberries or freeze fresh strawberries for this dish.
Banana: Always use ripe banana (big variety; Robusta) for this recipe. Frozen bananas would be an ideal choice; however, you can use fresh bananas as well.
Yogurt: Addition of yogurt makes the smoothie creamy and rich in protein.
Milk: Add milk of your choice (whole milk, almond, oats, or soy milk).
Others: Fresh fruits, chia seeds, muesli or granola, honey (optional), etc.
How to make Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
A food processor or powerful blender is the ideal tool for creating a creamy smoothie.
Add all the ingredients (except toppings) into a food processor or a blender.
Initially blend it on low speed and gradually increase the speed until smooth.
Scrape down sides as required. Also, if required add little bit of extra milk.
Scoop into the serving bowl(s) and garnish with fresh banana slices, strawberries, a generous helping of muesli and chia seeds. Enjoy this summer smoothie bowl right away.
Summer Smoothie Bowl Toppings
Addition of toppings makes the smoothie bowl more interesting. Here are some ideas of toppings:
- Homemade granola or muesli
- Fresh Fruits: Banana slices, berries, mango, kiwi, etc.
- Frozen Fruits
- Nuts: Almond or almond flakes, walnuts, peanuts, etc.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Chocolate chips, grated chocolate or cacao nibs
- Chocolate sauce, honey or maple syrup
- Nut butters
If you want to make this smoothie bowl vegan, then substitute milk with any plant-based milk such as oats milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc.
Substitute yogurt with non-dairy based yogurts such as coconut, almond and soy yogurts.
- Frozen fruit adds a thicker consistency to your smoothie. Hence, try to use frozen fruits for the recipe.
- To achieve the desired thick consistency of the smoothie, use less liquid.
- Avoid adding extra artificial sweeteners as fruits act as natural sweetener.
- Use a high-speed blender to blend frozen fruits.
You Might Also Like
You can buy fresh strawberries and prepare frozen strawberries at home. Wash and rinse the strawberries under running water. After that, immerse the strawberries in a bowl of water and white vinegar (1 capful) for few minutes. Drain the water and wash the strawberries again. Now keep the strawberries on a kitchen towel and wipe them. Later cut the stems of the strawberries. Lay them out on a half baking sheet or plate. Make sure the strawberries are evenly distributed. Similar way put them in freezer for 15-20 minutes or until they are partially frozen. Place the frozen strawberries in a freezer-safe bag.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 2 nos Banana large
- 150 gms Strawberry frozen
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds for garnishing
- 3 tablespoon Muesli or Granola for garnishing
- Few slices of banana, strawberry, other fruits for garnishing
- Add all the ingredients (except toppings) into a food processor or a blender.
- Blend it on low speed at first, then gradually increase the speed until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides as needed. Also, if necessary, add a little extra milk.
- Scoop into serving bowl(s) and top with fresh banana slices, strawberries, a heaping spoonful of muesli and chia seeds.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Leave a Reply