Thai Pineapple Fried Rice with Shrimp is a popular main course rice dishes of Asian cuisine. This is a quick, easy and tasty rice meal that is a great option for lunchbox. This colorful delicious Thai pineapple fried rice you can cook at your own kitchen. The best part of this dish is that you can either have it with sides or you can enjoy it without any sides.
I first tasted this delicious dish during our US visit. However, we had Thai Pineapple Fried Rice with chicken and love the taste of sweet, savory with a little tang. However, until recently, I never thought of re-creating this dish at home. Now the pineapple season is here in India and market is almost flooded with juicy pineapples. Few days ago, we got a big size pineapple and husband suggested to prepare it at home.
How do you cut a pineapple at home?
Due to thick prickly skin, cutting of pineapple might be challenging. I had no idea pineapple cutting was so simple until I tried this way. Always use a large and sharp knife to cut off the crown (top part) of the pineapple. Now place the pineapple upside down on the cutting board and cut vertically into two equal halves.
Take a long knife and run the knife around the outer shell of the pineapple to scoop out the entire pineapple flesh from the shell keeping the shell intact. Now slice the flesh into cubes and use it in your cooking.
What are the different protein I can add in Thai Pineapple Fried Rice?
I added shrimp to make the Thai Pineapple Fried Rice more exotic. You can add any protein of your choice. For example, chicken, fish, beef, pork, etc. If you are a vegetarian you can add tofu or cottage cheese blocks as your protein.
Can I use leftover rice to prepare Pineapple Fried Rice?
Of course! You can use leftover rice to prepare this pineapple fried rice. If you already have some leftover rice then, it will save some time to make this Thai style Pineapple Fried Rice. This is actually a good way to use the leftover rice.
What kind of rice is best for Thai Pineapple Fried Rice?
Generally, jasmine rice is used to prepare Thai food. The rice has subtle perfume and uses across Southeast Asia. However, if you do not have jasmine rice you can use basmati rice or kolam rice to prepare the dish.
What to serve with Pineapple Fried Rice?
You can serve this dish with any side dish of your choice. Indo-Chinese side dishes go really well with this fried rice. This fried rice itself is a wholesome meal, hence you can have this sweet tangy and juicy rice just like that without any sides.
You Might Also Like
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice (Shrimp)
- 1 cup Rice
- 1½ cup Fresh Pineapple, cubes
- 1 no Onion, chopped medium
- 2 nos Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Spring Onion, chopped
- 10-12 nos Cashew Nuts
- 1-2 teaspoon Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 250 gms Shrimp medium
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Wash the rice and soak for 10 minutes.
- Later drain the water and cook the rice using required water.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain the excess water and spread the rice on a wide plate. Allow it to cool.
- Dry roast the cashew nuts and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and sauté the shirmps with little salt. Once done, take them out and keep aside.
- Now heat remaining oil and add chopped garlic and onion. Sauté well.
- Next add chopped red bell pepper and pineapple cubes and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the edges of the pineapple are caramelized.
- At this stage, add the roasted cashew nuts and chopped spring onion and mixed well.
- Now add cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine. Also add salt to taste.
- Add in the sautéed shrimps into the pan and give a good stir.
- Next add the soy and chili garlic sauce, to taste. Squeeze the lime juice over the dish and toss it in.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves from top and serve hot.
- Avoid overcooking the rice.
- You can either use whole cashew nuts or you can chop them before adding into the rice.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Thai pineapple fried rice is the favorite of my family, and we enjoy every bite with pineapples.
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
Thai fried rice with pineapple is one of my favourite fried rice, simple yet packed with flavours.
I love pineapple fried rice. Your presentation and photos are amazing. Another great recipe on your blog.
What a flavor packed Thai fried rice that is. Pineapple makes it sweet and savory. Thanks for sharing this amazing fried rice recipe.
Love the simple sweet and tangy but bold flavors of this recipe. Thank you for sharing such easy recipe.
During my trip to Thailand, was not able to enjoy pineapple rice as it had shrimp or meat. I've wanted to try out pineapple rice for a long time but somehow never get down to it. Your recipe is tempting me to make this delicious and aromatic rice soon. Like you tip on how to cut the pineapple in a quick and easy way.
Bless my food by Payal
Pineapple is my one favourite amongst all the fruits and I love to add it whenever possibly. Adding them right to the rice dish is definitely an interesting idea and surely rice becomes way delicious.
I love the simplicity of the images you have captured here. The pineapple fried rice in a scooped up pineapple bowl sounds perfect.
It's one of my favourites. I could devour the whole portion.