Masala Shikanji or Masala Nimbu Pani is a popular Indian summer drink prepared using lemon or lime juice, water, sugar, salt, and few ground spices.
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Salt
- ⅔ teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 4 cups Water chilled
- 5-6 nos Ice Cubes
- 3 tablespoon Sugar adjust as required
- 2 nos Lemon medium
- 4 nos Lemon Roundels for garnishing
- 2 nos Mint Sprig
Take 4 cups water in a bowl or pitcher.
Now add in the sugar and stir until it melts.
Cut the lemon or lime into half and squeeze the juice in a separate bowl.
After that, stir in the lemon juice to the water sugar mixture. Finally, add in the shikanji masala until thoroughly combined.
Take two tall glasses, fill each with ice cubes, and pour the masala shikanji into each glass. Lemon roundels and mint sprigs can be used to garnish the drink.
- Avoid squeezing the lemons too hard since it will make the drink bitter.
- If you do not prefer the drink too cold then use normal water instead of chilled water or you can avoid ice cubes and use only chilled water.