This quick and simple zucchini stir-fry recipe takes under 20 minutes to complete. In this Asian style stir fry, zucchini is cooked with onion and garlic and tossed in a simple sauce. This delicious, quick and flavorful stir fry recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners.
Ingredients required for Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe
Zucchini: The primary ingredient is zucchini. I used green zucchini in this dish, but you may use yellow zucchini, which has a slightly sweeter flavor. You can also use the combination of two.
Oil: I always prefer to use sesame oil in my stir fry recipes. You can use any vegetable oil of your choice.
Onion: The addition of onion gives the stir fry a great flavor.
Garlic: I have used few garlic pods in this zucchini stir fry recipe. You can increase the amount of garlic flavor if you like.
Spices: Black pepper, chilli flakes and salt are the three ingredients used in this dish.
Others: Soy sauce, vinegar & toasted sesame seeds
Add on Ingredients
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then you can add chicken, shrimp or any other meat (like beef or pork) into this stir fry.
- Adding tofu cubes to the stir fry is an option if you're vegan.
Step-by-Step Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe
Wash the zucchini and pat dry with kitchen towel. Now cut the zucchini into half-inch-sized cubes after trimming both ends.
To prepare zucchini stir fry, heat oil in a pan and add minced garlic. Stir until aromatic.
Add the chopped onion next and stir continuously until it becomes soft and translucent.
After that, add the cubed zucchini and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes over high heat.
Next add salt, crushed pepper and chilli flakes. Combine well.
Meanwhile, combine soy sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Stir continuously while adding this to the pan until all the liquid has evaporated.
Once the sauce has completely coated the zucchini, turn off the heat. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
Stir fried zucchini goes well as a side with any meal. You can serve this with steamed rice, fried rice, noodles, quinoa, etc. Additionally, it can be used as a filler for sandwiches and wraps.
More Zucchini Recipes
More Stir Fry Recipes
Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 no Zucchini, medium cut into cubes
- 1 no Onion, medium chopped
- 2 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper crushed
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash the zucchini and pat dry with kitchen towel. Trim off both the ends of zucchini and cut into half inch size cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add minced garlic. Stir until aromatic.
- Next add chopped onion and keep stirring until it is soft and translucent.
- After that add zucchini cubes and stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, crushed pepper and chilli flakes. Combine well.
- Mix vinegar and soy sauce in a bowl. Add this to the pan and keep stirring until all the liquids are evaporated.
- Switch off the flame once the sauce has thoroughly covered the zucchini.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.