Cream Cheese Pound Cake – This easy cream cheese pound cake recipe is moist, tender, and flavorful. This cake tastes amazing on its own, you can also dress it up with toppings and sauces. It’s the perfect cake for any celebrations and you won’t regret baking this cake!
Cream cheese is one of my favorite ingredient in my pantry! I just love to slather a dollop of cream cheese on a freshly toasted bread and enjoy it with a cup of coffee. Earlier I have used cream cheese as toppings for my cake but this was the first time I baked a cake using it. Guess what! I just loved the outcome and therefore I am sharing this easy cream cheese pound cake recipe with readers. Guys, you must try this recipe and share your feedback with me.
Reasons you will love this recipe:
Easy to prepare
Perfect for any celebration
Uses easy to find ingredients
Homemade & flavorful
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Ingredients
You don’t need too many ingredients to prepare this cream cheese pound cake. Here are the list of ingredients required to prepare the cake.
Cream Cheese: One of the primary ingredient of the cake. Addition of cream cheese enhances the flavor and the texture of the cake. It makes the pound cake extremely moist and dense.
Butter/Vegetable oil: I have used the combination of butter and vegetable oil in this cake.
All purpose flour: Another key ingredient of the cake. All purpose flour gives fluffy texture to the cake. I would not recommend to replace it with whole wheat flour.
Sugar: I have used granulated sugar to sweeten the cake. You can also use castor sugar. In that case, the measurement might differ.
Eggs: I have used four standard size eggs to bake this cake. I can’t offer an egg substitute that will produce the same effect because a pound cake without eggs is no longer a pound cake.
Others: Apart from the above listed ingredients, I have used baking powder, salt, baking soda, and vanilla essence to prepare this delicious Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
How long can I store this cake?
If you store the cake slices in an air-tight container, it will stay fresh for up to 4 days at room temperature. However, homemade cakes have shorter shelf-life during hot summer and monsoon time. If you store the cake slices in the refrigerator, they have longer shelf-life.
These cakes can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Before serving, simply reheat in a toaster oven or microwave. To keep the cakes fresh, wrap them in plastic wrap as well as aluminum foil.
More Cake Recipes you’ll love
Easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3½ cups All purpose flour
- 1½ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Vegetable oil
- 50 g Unsalted Butter Room temperature
- 4 nos Eggs
- 200 g Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven at 170 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the cake tin by rubbing with butter and sprinkle with flour. Line a loaf tin or a Bundt pan with butter paper.
- Now sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Take vegetable oil, softened butter, cream cheese, and sugar in a bowl. Beat them using a electric beater.
- Now add one egg at a time in to the batter and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence in the batter and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Now using a spatula fold in the batter gently, till the flour is no longer visible and the batter is thick and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, smoothen the top and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out the cake tin from the oven and allow it to cool for some time. Later unmold the cake, slice it and serve it or store in an air-tight container after cooling it.
PIN it to read later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.