This tasty and nutritious Bok Choy Ramen is packed with vegetables, chicken, and eggs and is ideal for a midweek dinner or a comfort dish on a cold day. Bok choy ramen is one of the most popular Asian noodle dishes that has gained popularity in recent years.
The aroma of the broth was enough to make my mouth water, and I was quite eager to try this Asian dish. My first slurp of noodles and soup was a flavor explosion in my mouth. The Bok choy or Pak choi added a slight crunch to the meal, and the flavor combination was delicious.
You can make this delectable dinner at home with just a few simple ingredients and impress your guests and family. This bowl has protein, vegetables, and carbohydrates, making it a well-balanced meal.
Generally, miso paste is added to this ramen bowl however, I have skipped it but if you wish can add it in your Bok choy ramen bowl.
Chicken: Boneless chicken breast piece is the ideal for this recipe.
Ramen: Another important ingredient of this recipe is instant ramen noodles.
Vegetables: I have used carrot, baby corn and Bok choy in this soup.
Others: Garlic, ginger, eggs, soy sauce, black pepper corn, bay leaf, soy sauce, salt, vegetable oil, etc.
How to make Bok Choy Ramen
Follow step-by-step instructions to prepare this chicken ramen with Bok choy.
After cleaning and washing the chicken pieces, marinate them with salt and crushed black pepper and set aside for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the ramen according to package directions (check how to cook ramen in the pack), then drain and set aside.
Boil eggs for 7 minutes in a saucepan of water over high heat. Drain the water and rinse with cold water. Peel the shell and set aside.
Heat one tablespoon oil in the pan and sauté the carrot and baby corn with a pinch of salt. Cook for a few minutes after adding the Bok choy to the pan. Toss with soy sauce to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Making the chicken broth and cooking the chicken together in the following step.
For that, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and add the chopped garlic. After that, add the chopped ginger and cook for a few minutes.
Now add the bay leaf and black peppercorn. You can add them immediately after heating the oil. But I didn't add them right away because I didn't like the strong flavor of either spice in the broth.
At this point, add the marinated chicken pieces and fry until both sides are golden brown. Add 2-3 cups of water and season with salt to taste. Allow for a 7–8-minute boil.
After that, remove the chicken pieces and allow them to cool before slicing.
Set aside the broth after straining it.
To be served: Divide the ramen evenly among three serving dishes. Over ramen noodles, layer sliced chicken and vegetables (fried carrot, baby corn, and Bok choy). Fill the dishes with broth. Finally, cut the boiled egg into half and place them on top of the soup bowl.
Serve this hot soupy meal immediately.
Ramen soup with vegetables and chicken makes a complete meal and usually you will not require any additional dishes to pair with it.
Variations & Substitutions
You can experiment with Bok choy ramen and try different varieties. Try adding other vegetables such as mushrooms, cabbage, scallions, etc.
Instead of chicken breast pieces, you can use boneless chicken thigh pieces. Apart from chicken, you can also make this soup with shrimp, beef or pork.
If you are a vegetarian, then replace the animal protein with tofu blocks.
Add chilli flakes or green chilli to make the spicier version of this soup.
I have used ordinary ramen noodles for this recipe, but you could also use ramen rice, whole wheat, or millet noodles.
You Might Also Like
Bok Choy Ramen
- 500 gms Chicken Breast
- 3 no Baby Bok Choy
- 6-8 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 7-8 nos Baby Corn cut into halves vertically and horizontally.
- 1 no Carrot cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 no Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper
- 7-8 nos Black Peppercorn
- 2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil use as required
- Rub salt and crushed pepper on chicken breast and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ramen as per pack instructions and once cooked drain the water and set aside.
- Boil eggs for 7 minutes in a saucepan of water over high heat. Drain the water and rinse with cold water. Peel the shell and set aside.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan and sauté carrot and baby corn with little salt.
- Add Bok choy in the pan and cook for few minutes.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and toss well. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Now heat remaining oil and add chopped garlic for frying.
- Next add chopped ginger and sauté for few minutes.
- Add bay leaf and black peppercorn now. You can add these immediately after heating the oil.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces at this time and cook until both sides turn golden brown.
- Add 2-3 cups of water and salt to taste. Allow to boil for 7-8 minutes.
- After that, remove the chicken pieces and cool before slicing them.
- Strain the broth and keep aside.
- To serve: Take serving bowls and equally divide the ramen in 3 bowls. Place sliced chicken, vegetables (fried carrot, baby corn and Bok choy) over ramen noodles. Add the broth into the bowls. Finally, cut the boiled egg into halves and top the soup bowl with eggs.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.