Chinese Stir Fry String Beans is an easy, tasty, and budget-friendly Asian-style stir fry recipe which makes a perfect side dish under 20 minutes. These delectable, properly prepared green beans are our family favorite. Beans stir fry is one of the most delicious weeknight dinner side dishes and just requires a few ingredients.
Why Should You Make This Recipe?
This Chinese Stir Fry String Beans recipe is
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Easy to prepare
- Quick meal
- Packed with Nutrition
What is Stir Fry?
Stir-fry is a type of cooking method in which vegetables and meat are constantly stirred and quickly fried over high heat. This cooking method is predominantly used in Asian cooking. When stir-frying, you won't normally require much oil. This cooking technique helps to retain the color, crunch, and nutrients of the vegetables.
Health Benefits of Green Beans
Green beans, also called snap beans or string beans, are easily available. They are a nutritious addition to your diet. It is loaded with fiber. Green beans contain protein, vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. Green Beans help
- Protecting gut health
- Reducing depression symptoms
- Improving anemic condition
- Maintaining bone health, hair, and muscles
Ingredients to make Green Beans Stir Fry
Beans: Use fresh green beans for the stir fry. Do not use canned or frozen beans for this recipe. Green beans family has many common names including common bean, French bean, string bean, etc. They all are similar variety.
Garlic & Ginger: Finely chopped garlic and ginger add flavors to the beans stir fry. Always use fresh garlic and ginger, not powder.
Salt & Spices: You can use kosher salt or Himalayan pink salt. I have added chilli flakes to give a spicy flavor to the dish. You can substitute chilli flakes with freshly ground black pepper.
Oil: I prefer using sesame oil for this dish. You can use any vegetable oil of your choice.
How to make Chinese Stir Fry String Beans
Rinse and wash the beans. Cut off the top and bottom tips of the bean.
Add the beans to a pot of boiling water. Boil for few minutes. After that, drain the water and run cold water over the beans. If required pat dry the beans.
Heat oil in a wok. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger in hot oil and sauté until they are light brown. At this point, add the beans and stir often over a high flame. Stir continually while adding salt and red chilli flakes. You can substitute freshly ground black pepper with the chilli flakes.
Meanwhile, put the vinegar and soy sauce in a bowl and set it aside. I have used rice vinegar. You can also replace it with apple cider vinegar (ACV). If you use ACV, you should also use sugar to balance off the overpowering tang.
After a few minutes of cooking, add the soy sauce-vinegar mixture and thoroughly stir. Serve right away after removing from heat.
What goes well with Green Beans Stir Fry
This side dish pairs nicely with so many different things! You can serve this with some plain steamed rice or some freshly made Hakka noodles. You can also serve it with dumplings, breads, fried eggs or with steaks.
More Stir Fry Recipes
Chinese Stir Fry String Beans
- 200 gms Green Beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger minced
- 1½ tablespoon Sesame Oil use as required
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
- Rinse and clean the beans. Cut the top and bottom tips of the beans and keep aside.
- Boil water in a vessel and add the beans into it. Boil for few minutes. Later drain the water and rinse the beans with cold water.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté finely chopped garlic & ginger till they turn light brown.
- Add the beans now, and stir constantly over a high flame.
- Add salt and red chilli flakes and stir continuously.
- Meanwhile, mix vinegar and soya sauce in a bowl and keep aside.
- After cooking for few minutes, add the soy sauce-vinegar mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.