Do you enjoy eating roasted peanuts? If so, you can easily prepare delicious and healthy air fryer peanuts or roasted peanuts using an air fryer. Roasted peanuts in air fryer offer a unique and delicious twist to the classic snack, making it a guilt-free alternative to traditional fried peanuts.
Why Should You Make Air Fryer Peanuts
Nuts are not suitable for long-term storage due to their high fat content. Because to their high fat content, they are prone to getting rancid. Roasting peanuts, on the other hand, increases their shelf life and allows you to store them for a longer period of time.
Traditionally, roasting peanuts on the stovetop is a time-consuming process. Also, you have to constantly stir them to avoid burning. Even after long hours of work, peanuts frequently burn due to uneven heat.
Use of air fryer makes the job easy for you and you get crunchy roasted peanuts in jiffy.
This Air Fryer Peanuts Recipe is
- Easy to prepare
- A good snacking option
- Vegan & Gluten free
- Ready in under 10 minutes
Peanuts: The main ingredient in roasted peanuts is, of course, peanuts. It is also known as ground nuts so we can call it roasted groundnuts too. I use fresh raw peanuts with shell for this purpose. Check the quality of the raw peanuts by sampling one or two before preparing a large batch of dry roasted peanuts.
How to Roast Peanuts in Air Fryer
Preheat Air fryer at 180 degree C (Approx 350 degree F) for 2 to 3 minutes.
Now add the raw peanuts in the air fryer basket.
Air fry the peanuts for 5 to 7 minutes or till they change color and turn crispy. Shake the basket a couple of times during the air frying time.
Check in between to see whether they are properly roasted. If not, roast for another 2 minutes. Also, keep an eye on the peanuts as they may burn if you don't watch them carefully.
Once they are done, pour the roasted peanuts in a plate and allow them to cool. They may appear soft at first, but as they cool, they become crunchy.
After cooling them, rub the nuts between your hands to remove the skin. You can store the roasted peanuts without skin in an airtight container and use it later in varieties of dishes.
If you prefer flavored peanuts for snacking, then you have to follow the below steps to make Air fryer flavored peanuts.
Take air fried roasted peanuts with skin in a bowl. Now in another bowl, take a teaspoon of oil and add salt and desired spices, mix them. Next add this oil spice mixture into roasted peanuts and rub them well.
Preheat the Air fryer at 180 degree C (Approx 350 degree F) and add the peanuts and air fry for 1-2 minutes and your desired flavored peanuts are ready in no time.
As previously said, you can make flavored peanuts. Some of the flavors are:
Spicy Peanuts: You can also call it as roasted masala peanuts. I have used simple spice powders including red chilli powder, chaat masala powder, and salt. This was made with vegetable oil.
Salt & pepper Peanuts: This is the simplest version of flavored peanuts. Apart from peanuts, you would require, vegetable oil, salt and black pepper powder for the recipe.
Piri piri Peanuts: This is another popular flavor you can try in peanuts.
Other popular flavors include Cajun Spice Peanuts, BBQ flavor Peanuts, Mexican Style Peanuts, Honey Chilli Peanuts, and many more.
After cooling, store the roasted peanuts with skin in an airtight container for up to one month. The shelf life will be extended if you store them in the refrigerator.
- Avoid adding excess peanuts in the air fryer basket. If you have more quantity always roast them in batches.
- Always use fresh whole raw peanuts with skin. Adjust the time of air frying if you are using split peanuts without skin. It will take considerably less time.
Roasted peanuts are an excellent snack to have in your office bag or while trekking. You can also add them in varieties of recipes. The addition of toasted peanuts to your salad adds crunch. They are also used for making homemade peanut butter. Apart from the recipes mentioned above, roasted peanuts are used in a variety of other dishes such as poha, chitranna, kung pao chicken, peanut brittle aka chikki, and so on.
You Might Also Like
Air Fryer Peanuts
- Air Fryer
Ingredients for Roasted Peanuts
- 1½ cup Peanuts
Ingredients for Spicy Peanuts
- ⅔ cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Salt to taste
Instructions to make Roasted Peanuts
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes at 180° C (about 350° F).
- Put the raw peanuts in the air fryer basket now.
- Air fry the peanuts for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the color changes and they become crispy. Shake the basket a few times during the air frying process.
- Check in between to ensure they are properly roasted. If not, continue to roast for another 2 minutes.
- When they're done, transfer the roasted peanuts to a platter and set aside to cool. Later store them.
- Take air fried roasted peanuts with skin in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine a teaspoon of oil, salt, and preferred spices.
- Next, rub this oil spice combination into the roasted peanuts.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees C (about 350 degrees F), add the peanuts, and air fry for 1-2 minutes until the desired flavored peanuts are ready.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.