This delectable Paneer Fried Rice Recipe is made by stir-frying cooked rice, vegetables, paneer cubes, and sauces on high heat. It is an excellent choice for those looking for a quick meal under 30 minutes.
It is a popular dish in India and is available in both fine dining restaurants and fast-food outlets. This Indian-style paneer fried rice is an excellent lunchbox option. I frequently prepare this dish at home because my daughter likes it.
In this post, I'm going to show you how to make paneer fried rice for a quick weeknight meal. When unexpected visitors arrive at your house, prepare this recipe fast with few ingredients.
This Paneer Fried Rice Recipe is
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Loaded with the goodness of vegetables and paneer
- Perfect for Lunchbox
Cooked Rice: Use cooked and refrigerated rice to get restaurant style taste in the fried rice. However, you can make the rice from scratch, which will take an additional 15-20 minutes. You can use long grain basmati rice or short grain kolam rice for this recipe.
Paneer: You can make this recipe with either store-bought or homemade paneer. Here is the easy way to prepare paneer at home.
Vegetables: I have used carrots, beans, onion and spring onion for this fried rice. However, there are many additional possibilities that you may incorporate into the fried rice, such as bell peppers, baby corn, mushrooms, and green peas, for example.
Oil: For fried rice, I prefer to use sesame oil, but you can use any vegetable oil.
Others: Soy sauce, vinegar & salt to taste
Always use cooked and refrigerated rice to get best results for paneer fried rice. The alternative is to prepare rice from scratch and chill it for at least an hour before using it in a recipe.
When I have leftover rice in the fridge, I prefer to make fried rice with it. This is a fantastic way to use up any leftover rice.
Wash the rice well and soak it for 10 minutes if you're preparing rice from scratch. Later, drain the water and cook the rice with 3-4 cups water. When the rice is 90% done, drain the water and spread it out on a plate to cool. You can either use the rice immediately after it has cooled to room temperature or keep it in the refrigerator for an hour before using it.
If you're using store-bought paneer, soak it in warm water for a few minutes to soften it. Cut the paneer into smaller cubes later. Cook paneer cubes in 1 tablespoon oil with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Now, add the remaining oil to the pan and begin frying the chopped onions. When they are translucent, add the chopped beans and carrot and cook for a few minutes. Add salt to taste and stir well.
At this point, combine the cooked rice and vegetables thoroughly. Finally, stir in the fried paneer cubes and mix well.
Add the chopped spring onions now and toss them gently. Combine the vinegar and soy sauce in a separate bowl and stir into the rice.
The best combination is paneer fried rice and chilli panner. You can also serve the dish with other starters and side dishes or with ketchup.
If you are a vegan, then replace paneer with tofu in this easy paneer fried rice recipe.
Definitely, you can make lot of variations by adding different vegetables such as mushroom, cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers, baby corn, etc.
Many people prefer to add black pepper powder in the fried rice to add little spicy factor in the dish.
Fried rice can be refrigerated for 2-3 days in an airtight container. You can reheat the fried rice in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- When making fried rice, avoid using overcooked rice.
- When making fried rice, always use a large nonstick wok because it allows for more space and prevents sticking.
- Always make the fried rice on a high flame by quickly tossing the vegetables and rice. This prevents the overcooking of vegetables at the same time gives a smoky flavor to the dish.
More Fried Rice Recipes
Paneer Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 100 gms Paneer cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoon Carrot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Beans finely chopped
- 1 Onion, medium finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Spring Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Sesame Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté paneer cubes with little salt. Keep aside.
- Now add the remaining oil in the pan and start frying the chopped onions.
- When they are translucent, add the chopped beans and carrot and cook for a few minutes. Mix well after adding salt to taste.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix well with veggies.
- Finally, add fried paneer cubes into rice and give a good mix.
- Now add chopped spring onions and lightly mix them.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar and soy sauce and stir into the rice. Paneer Fried Rice is ready to serve.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.