If you are looking for the tastiest banana bread, then you must try this Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips. The cake is moist, flavorful and perfect to pair with a cup of tea or coffee! The recipe is super easy and hardly requires 10 minutes of preparation time. So, what are you waiting for, check the recipe and bake the delicious cake.
This Chocolate Chip Studded Banana Bread is
- Easy to prepare
- Perfect to pair with a cup of coffee
- Moist and delicious
Ingredients for Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Banana: Overripe bananas are the key ingredient of this cake. I use cavendish varieties of banana which also known as banana robusta.
Flour: I have used all-purpose flour in this recipe. I have not experimented with wheat flour in this cake however, from experience I can tell if you use wheat flour the texture of the cake will be dense.
Egg: Another important ingredient of this recipe. If you store eggs in refrigerator, then always bring them to room temperature before you use them in baking.
Chocolate chips: Use your preferred milk or dark chocolate chips. You will need at least 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, but you can change this quantity to your preference!
Sugar: I have used regular refined sugar in this cake. You can replace with any healthy alternative of sugar. However, you have to experiment and find out the right quantity for the same.
Butter & Oil: I always prefer to use mix of butter and oil in my cakes.
Others: Apart from the above ingredients, the cake also contains baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, cinnamon powder, etc.
How to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Follow the step-by-step process to bake the BEST Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!
First, bring all the ingredients to room temperature including butter and eggs.
Sift the dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and keep aside. If you are using unsalted butter for baking, then add a pinch of salt in the flour mixture.
Peel the overripe bananas and take them in a bowl. Use a fork to mash the bananas and set aside.
In a separate bowl take oil and butter together. Add sugar into it and whisk vigorously to make thick consistency paste. You can use either mechanical whisk or an electric whisk for the same. Stand-mixer can also make your job easy.
Now it is time to add eggs into the batter. Add one egg at a time and whisk well. After that add cinnamon powder and mix well. Add the mashed banana and combine the mixture.
Fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture using cut and fold method. Avoid over mixing the batter add this stage can cause your cake to shrink. Add 2/3 of the chocolate chips into the batter and fold them.
Meanwhile, preheat oven at 170 degree C (340F) for 5 to 10 minutes. You can either bake the cake in an OTG oven or a microwave oven in convection mode. Grease a loaf tin with butter and line it with a parchment paper or butter paper.
Pour the batter into the lined tin and spread the batter even. Now add the remaining chocolate chips (chocochips) on top of the batter. Bake it in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool the cake for some time. After cooling slowly remove it from the pan and your banana bread with chocolate chips is ready. Later slice it and store it in a dry and airtight container.
How do I keep my chocolate chips from sinking?
This occurs when the cake batter is not thick enough to hold the chocolate chips. I have noticed that the chances of the chocolate chips sinking are reduced when the batter is thick. Before adding the chips to the batter, you can always toss them in flour.
How Long Will This Cake Last and How Can I Store It
I would advise having this cake on the same day when it is baked. However, you can keep the cake slices in a dry and airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature. Avoid keeping it in the refrigerator.
More Recipes with Overripe Bananas
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups All-purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 nos Ripe Banana large
- 2 nos Egg
- 50 gms Butter
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅔ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C (340F). Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter and line with a parchment paper (butter paper). Keep aside.
- Peel the ripe bananas and take them in a bowl. Mash them using a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and keep it ready.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, butter, and sugar to make a paste like consistency. It takes few minutes time and vigorous whisking using mechanical or electrical blender to achieve this consistency.
- Next add each egg at a time and whisk the batter well.
- Add cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Now mashed banana into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- After that, fold mixture of dry ingredient into wet ingredients.
- Then fold in ⅔ of the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the lined pan.
- Spread the batter even and add the remaining chocolate chips on the top of it.
- Bake it in the preheated over for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and later remove the cake from the pan.
- You can slice the loaf and store them in a dry air-tight container.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.