Air Fryer Chicken 65 is a popular South Indian Chicken Appetizer prepared by marinating with spices and air fried in very little oil. It has a crunchy outer covering whereas inside is juicy. When we were on a road trip, I first tried this dish at a dhaba, which are roadside eateries. Definitely, I liked this spicy, crispy and flavorful chicken starter. However, Chicken 65 prepared in restaurant are deep fried in oil hence, I was looking for a healthy alternative of the same dish. I believe many people like me love this dish and would love to try the guilt free Air Fried Chicken 65. Follow this post and learn how to make Chicken 65 in Air Fryer.
This Air Fryer Chicken 65 recipe is
- Ready under 30 minutes (if already marinated 30 minutes before)
- Made using easily available ingredients
- Perfect as a party appetizer
Ingredients required for Chicken 65
Boneless Chicken: I always prefer to use boneless chicken for this recipe. You can either use chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs. I go for the boneless chicken thighs which works perfect for this dish.
Powdered Spices: Coriander powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chilli powders are used in this recipe. You can adjust the spice level according to your taste bud. If you prefer spicy flavor then you also add red chilli powder along with Kashmiri red chilli powder. I have used Kashmiri red chilli powder because it gives good color and mild spicy flavor.
Ginger-Garlic: I have used grated ginger and garlic. You can use homemade ginger-garlic paste too.
Others: Curry leaves and green chillies are important ingredient of this dish. Always use fresh curry leaves for chicken 65. However, if fresh leaves are not available you can also use dry leaves. Other ingredients include vinegar, oil, salt, egg white, rice flour, and all purpose flour. You can also substitute vinegar with lemon juice.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken 65
Start the preparation of this dish by marinating the chicken pieces. You can keep the chicken marinated for 30 minutes to 2 hrs.
Take the boneless chicken pieces and place them in a bowl. Add vinegar, salt, and other spices, such as turmeric, black pepper, garam masala, coriander, and Kashmiri red chilli powder.
Then, coat the chicken pieces thoroughly with the grated ginger and garlic. Give the chicken pieces 20 to 30 minutes to marinate.
In a bowl, crack an egg, then separate the egg white. Incorporate the egg white into the chicken that has been marinated. Coat the marinated chicken pieces with all-purpose flour and rice flour after that. Finally add oil and mix well.
Preheat the Air Fryer at 205 degree C (400F) for 5 minutes. Fry the marinated chicken pieces for 5 to 6 minutes in the air fryer basket. After that, remove the basket, turn the chicken pieces, and cook them for a further 3 minutes. Remove the basket, add some curry leaves, and a few green chilies that have been slit. Air Fry for around 4-5 minutes. Now sprinkle little chaat masala on top the chicken pieces and Air Fryer Chicken 65 is ready to serve.
Note: If you do not have an air fryer then you can deep fry the chicken pieces in oil.
Air Fryer Chicken 65 is served as an appetizer with a full course of meal like rice-dal or roti-curry. However, it can also be served as a snack with a dip of your choice and onion-cucumber salad.
You can store leftovers in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Allow to cool the chicken pieces and later store them in a dry air-tight container. However, the chicken pieces lose their crunchiness even after re-heating.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken 65
- 500 gms Chicken Boneless Pieces
- 1½ tablespoon Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1½ teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon Garlic grated
- 1 no Egg
- 2 teaspoon Rice Flour
- 2 teaspoon All Purpose Flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 springs Curry Leaves
- 4 nos Green Chilli slit into halves
- ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Take the boneless chicken pieces in a bowl and marinate with vinegar and other powdered spices including turmeric powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, and salt.
- Next add grated ginger and garlic and coat the chicken pieces well. Allow the chicken pieces to sit in marinade for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break the egg in a bowl and separate the egg white. Add the egg white to the marinated chicken and combine well.
- Next add rice flour and all purpose flour and coat the marinated chicken pieces.
- Finally, add oil and combine well.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 205 degree C (400F) for 5 minutes.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces into the air fryer basket and air fry them for 5 to 6 minutes.
- After that, pull out the basket and turn the chicken pieces and fry again for 3 minutes.
- Take out the basket and add curry leaves and few slit green chillies and fry out for about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve the hot air fried chicken 65 in a serving plate.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.